Best ATO for a nano tank?

The best ATO on a small nano is a 2 liter bottle of diet coke filled with RO/DI water that you manually add daily. If you go on vacation for a week or more. Just add a tad bit more with cover and when you come home you'll still be spot on. LOL Cheap, easy and effective. PS ( must be Diet Coke bottle ) cuz I don't like Pepsi haha
So you really dont need a ato?
 
So you really dont need a ato?

if you don’t sleep or go to work and also have a good memory then no you don’t...but realistically you do need one, especially on a small tank, it only takes a little evaporation to change the tanks salinity.
 
I use the XP Aqua Duetto. Tiny and works great. It actually uses an AutoAqua pump which is another nano ATO that's highly recommended.
 
I am using a couple of AutoAqua ATOs and then I am using an IceCap ATO on my 10g - I am pleased with the performance of both of these products.
 
Dang... so many ATO products...
does anyone have the JBJ nano ATO?

debating between Tunze Nano ATO, JBJ nano ATO, XP Aqua Duetto ATO.. for Nuvo 10...
Seems like auto aqua is discontinued
 
I added the IceCap ATO to my IM 10g nano a few months ago and have been pleased with the performance.
 
Ahhh I don’t have a sump though, are you using it in the back or the DT? Just curious about spacing

The dual optical sensors for the IceCap ATO are in the back section of my AIO, not in the DT.
 
Ahhh I don’t have a sump though, are you using it in the back or the DT? Just curious about spacing

the sensor has to be in the back with the return pump as that is where the water lvl first drops, anywhere else in the tank the water lvl will stay the same so the ato will not trigger, best also if you can is to put the water inlet tube in with the sensor too so that chamber fills with water faster, so cuts off the ato pump, you can put the inlet water tube anywhere in the tank but the further away it is from the sensor the longer it will take to turn off so will fill the tank more with water.
 
Another vote for the XP Aqua Duetto. Love mine and comes with everything but the reservoir.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new