Best ATO for a nano tank?

Scoobydoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best ATO on a small nano is a 2 liter bottle of diet coke filled with RO/DI water that you manually add daily. If you go on vacation for a week or more. Just add a tad bit more with cover and when you come home you'll still be spot on. LOL Cheap, easy and effective. PS ( must be Diet Coke bottle ) cuz I don't like Pepsi haha
So you really dont need a ato?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am using a couple of AutoAqua ATOs and then I am using an IceCap ATO on my 10g - I am pleased with the performance of both of these products.

Sharebear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang... so many ATO products...
does anyone have the JBJ nano ATO?

debating between Tunze Nano ATO, JBJ nano ATO, XP Aqua Duetto ATO.. for Nuvo 10...
Seems like auto aqua is discontinued

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I added the IceCap ATO to my IM 10g nano a few months ago and have been pleased with the performance.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ahhh I don’t have a sump though, are you using it in the back or the DT? Just curious about spacing

The dual optical sensors for the IceCap ATO are in the back section of my AIO, not in the DT.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhh I don’t have a sump though, are you using it in the back or the DT? Just curious about spacing

the sensor has to be in the back with the return pump as that is where the water lvl first drops, anywhere else in the tank the water lvl will stay the same so the ato will not trigger, best also if you can is to put the water inlet tube in with the sensor too so that chamber fills with water faster, so cuts off the ato pump, you can put the inlet water tube anywhere in the tank but the further away it is from the sensor the longer it will take to turn off so will fill the tank more with water.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back