Best ato for rimmed tank

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to add an ato to my sumpless rimmed frag tank. The problem is most mount in such a way that I would have to run my water level 1-2" below the trim. The only one that looks like it might work is the AutoAqua micro, but they seem to have some issues. Are there any other ones that may work?

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting challenge.

If it were me, I'd likely modify a 'known good' model, rather that trust something unknown.

I'm a fan of Tunze's ATO's. I'd probably try and come up with a way to clamp mount the sensors for the Tunze. Perhaps contact the guy from Printed Reef Solutions... he's done some custom 3D printed parts for me before, does good work. I bet he could come up with a solution.

The Icecap unit appears to have it's sensors mounted at the top of the magnetic disk mount... that might work.

I'm unfamiliar with AutoAqua, but have been looking at their heater safety for a while. Simple, easy, reasonable...

reeftivo

skim junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had my tunze ato for 10 years (changed old sensor brackes for magnet mod now). Only one pump replacement but that was on me for letting it run dry. too bad their sensor set up wouldn't be ideal for this application.

sorry had to edit from 15 to 10 years since i now recall i got it in 2008

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 61 33.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back