Best auto top off system?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sean minor
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Sean minor

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2014
Messages
126
Reaction score
0
Location
Williamsburg VA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, in the market for a Auto Top Off System, I'm useing float valves hooked stright to my RO/DI and it works great except the RO system stays on and I'm burning through DI filters. Was thinking about the Tunze, need one for a 180 gallon fish tank and 90 reef tank.

any input would be great
Thanks
 
I have a Tunze ATO and its great. I've also had great luck with a dual float switch from AutoTopOff.com.
 
I use the Avast pressure switch with a Tom Aquatics aqua lifter pump. I don't know if it's the best as I've never used anything else, but I can say in the 2-3 years I've had it, it's been flawless.
 
I have used the ATO, the Tunze and currently have the ELOS system. I really like the ELOS because it is not based on floats to keep the water level. The Tunze and the ELOS get my vote for the best value for money/performance.
 
Spectrapure UPLC-II. Been bulletproof for over 6 years for me. More compact than the Tunze and much more user adjustable with multiple levels of safety. Those who have tried it swear by it and would never go back to anything else.
 
You know, I think I'm gonna stick with the old system of a old school Kent float valve in each sump running straight off the RO unit, been working for 25+ years, I think I just got caught up in all the new high tech toys, LED lights, and bad *** pumps and it went to my head. But thank's for all the input.
 
Thats what I use but both tanks use a lot of water and it is always running, been leaving the pump off so not to mess it up from cutting on and off, only use it to make mixing water.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new