Best Automatic Testing?

pgsonier

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I was looking to get some suggestions on the best automatic water testing kit? I’m looking to keep track of a variety of parameters including ammonia, NO2, NO3, phosphates, magnesium, calcium, and alkalinity, with the option to add additional parameter testing in the future? I’ve looked at ReefBot, MasterTronic, and Trident. I’ve heard horrible things about ReefBot, MasterTronic is just priced wayyyy too high, and Trident doesn’t offer all of the parameters I want tested. Does the perfect machine exist, or am I asking for too much?

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think it does YET. I have a trident but I plan on getting a Mastertronic when it is more available.

Travis Wagner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the same boat. I have a trident which has been great but want to include testing nitrates and phosphates as well. The Mastertronic looks great but expensive and hard to acquire, the reefbot gen 2 looks promising but requires purchasing test kits, and I don’t know of Neptune has plans to add this functionality.

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Alkatronic and based on it's quality I would say the Mastertronic will likely be a great tester. That said, I don't really see much need in automatic testing of anything but Alk so I won't be buying one.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%

Back