My First Waterbox Peninsula 25 Reef System!

pgsonier

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've officially ordered my new Waterbox Peninsula 25 to get me started again in the hobby! I got the full package with the AI Prime light too. I plan on turning this tank into a reef system with a few clownfish, a goby, and a cleaner crew! I haven't received it yet, but I can't wait to get started! Updates to follow as soon as it arrives and I start setting up!

PeninsulaMini_Product.1_1080x.jpg
pf-96704c87--PeninsulaMiniSidebySide.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
pgsonier

pgsonier

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A quick update to show what I just ordered. I've been looking for awhile for what I should put my tank on. I originally planned on putting it in my room, but since I'm hardly there (except when I'm sleeping), I wanted to put it somewhere my tank can be more appreciated. I ended up deciding on the dining room because we have the room there, so the only thing left was to find WHAT to place my tank on. It couldn't just be anything because after my tank is set up with the rock, sand, and saltwater, it's going to weigh somewhere between 250-275lbs. After scouring the internet, I ended up purchasing a tv stand on Wayfair for a few reasons.

Rochester+TV+Stand+for+TVs+up+to+65%22.jpg

First, the dimensions on the tv stand are perfect. It's 60" long and 18" deep, meaning I'll have an inch of space in the front and back of the tank on top of this stand because my tank is only 16" deep. Second, the stand is rated to be able to hold up to 300lbs, which will be enough of a guarantee to put my mind at ease and not have to worry about being woken up in the middle of the night from my tank crashing to the floor. Third, the stand is made from reclaimed wood and each stand is entirely different because no two stands have the same kind of wood. I really love that and I think it adds a lot of character to the stand, plus I'm always one for upcylcing to better help the environment!

I honestly can't wait for my tank and stand to get here so I can get them both set up. I'm really excited to be jumping back into this hobby. I've missed it and it's going to be so rewarding to come home and have a tiny reef ecosystem to look at and appreciate everyday!

OP
OP
pgsonier

pgsonier

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a major update for my system!

I've been ordering a lot of different things for my tank and instead of posting here and there when one thing arrives, I decided to wait until most of it was delivered. That day has finally arrived! Everything is here, with the exception of a few key pieces of equipment, so without further delay, here is what I have so far for my WBP25 tank!

IMG_5455.jpg

Starting from the left...
  • Eheim Jager TruTemp 75 Watt Fully Submersible UL Approved Heater​
  • Red Sea Coral Pro Salt Mix 55gal - Bucket​
  • Hanna Instruments Marine Waterproof Salinity and Temperature Tester​
  • Python Mini Pro-Clean​
  • Trigger Systems Sapphire ATO Reservoir Tank - 5 Gallon​
  • Hanna Instruments 35 ppt Salinity Calibration Solution - 25 x 20ml Sachets​
  • Nero 5 Submersible Wave Pump (3000 GPH) - Aqua Illumination (AI)​
  • Aqua Illumination Tank Mount for Prime LED Fixture - Black​
  • Python Squeeze Siphon Starter​
  • XP Aqua Duetto Dual-Sensor Complete Aquarium Auto-Top-Off ATO System​
  • API Saltwater Liquid Master Test Kit​
  • API Reef Master Test Kit​
  • Innovative Marine AUQA Gadget AccuDrip Acclimator - Single Pack​
  • Mag-Float 30 Magnet Cleaner (Glass) - Small (up to 30gal)​
And there is one more thing that I purchased that isn't pictured above and I was pretty hesitant on buying at first since my tank is smaller, but I plan on making this an incredible tank and hopefully expanding into the hobby in the future so I decided to get one... I'm pretty excited to get it set up and running, but I ordered a Marine Depot KleanWater 100 GPD 4-Stage Advanced RO/DI System! Oh yes! No running to the pet store for clean RO/DI water for my tank! Woo hoo!

A HUGE SHOUTOUT TO MARINE DEPOT FOR MAKING THIS PROCESS AS EASY AS POSSIBLE!!!

The TV stand I order has arrived as well, and I will post again once I get that set up. This tank has been more of a project than I thought, but I've decided to redo my dining room before I get the tank all set up, so there are definitely more updates to follow! Please let me know if you have ever used any of the items I purchased and if you had a great/good/bad/horrible experience with either of them!

I'll be posting again soon once I begin to get things set up!

Last edited:
OP
OP
pgsonier

pgsonier

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a bit of an update! Nothing too major, but I'm getting closer to the finish line of getting my tank up and running. Since I've invested a decent amount of money in this tank for it to thrive and look as beautiful as possible, I decided to renovate the room my tank will be displayed in. This, along with school and work, have taken up most of my time since my last post, which is why my tank still isn't up yet. I have received my tank and AI Prime though!

The good news is the renovations are done and the room looks so much nicer and needed some updating. Some spackle, sanding, a coat of paint, and a new desk and monitor for a study area, along with the tv stand for the tank, and the room is looking incredible! Now that I'm done with the renovations, I'm going to focus on my tank when I'm not working or involved with school work. First things first, I need to get my RO/DI system set up so I can fill the tank with clean saltwater and begin the cycle. I'll post again once that system is up and running and then the tank should be up soon afterwards! Slow and steady wins the race I guess lol.

Below are some photos of the tv stand and the tank. I haven't taken it out of the box yet to keep dust out of it until I actually begin setting it up.

IMG_5542.jpg
IMG_5543.jpg

IMG_5544.jpg

OP
OP
pgsonier

pgsonier

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update?
Sorry I haven't been very active lately! Life has been hectic with this pandemic and between work and school, it's hard to find time to do things I enjoy lol. I'll be posting an update soon! My tank has been up and running for nearly two months now and has been cycling. I have yet to add anything and at this point, I think I'm going to add a bottle of Dr. Tims and let it run for another month before adding my CUC. Photo's to be posted soon!

bherbold8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know if it is possible to add an under tank sump to this tank? I Have mine on order but now am thinking i want a seperate sumpo_O

OP
OP
pgsonier

pgsonier

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know if it is possible to add an under tank sump to this tank? I Have mine on order but now am thinking i want a seperate sumpo_O
The tank that I have is an AIO, or All In One, and the filtration is in the back of the tank. This specific model isn’t set up or drilled for a sump and the only place you could put an overflow box would be in the display portion, which wouldn’t work very well if you’re going for an aesthetic look. I guess you could drill it yourself at your own risk, and set up a separate sump, but I would have just purchased a sump ready tank. Waterbox has tanks that come with sumps and they even released a few new peninsula models a few days ago. Hope this answered your question.

Back