Best beginner SPS

I like Birds Nest, Quick growing, fairly forgiving.
 
Pick up some cheap green slimer. If you were local I would gladly give you a pound of it to get you started.

I too have more Green Slimer Colony than I know what to do with; solid Acro, and should be a staple of most SPS systems.

I have also had good luck with most ORA corals but they are a little more light demanding.
 
Easiest to keep acro including Montipora

Montipora plating , caps , digi ,
Green slimer
Stag horn
Pocillopora
Stylophora

More Intermediate .... a little harder to keep

Tortuosa
Millipora
Tenuis
Secale
Valida
 
Monti digi is quite strong. Bubble gum digi is a popular one. It grows fast and is indestructible. Birdsnest is also one to try that’s easy.

birdsnest, stylo, monti, psammacora, povana, poccilapora

For acros... cliffs acro has been super hardy and green slimers are pretty tough.
 
Hydnophora is an LPS I guess, but still likes the conditions of sps. They are thick branchers but they can be pretty darn aggressive. They have been easy to take care of for me.
 
Lot's of good advice above. I like the combo of any sort of red and green digi montis. They contrast well. Also, the purple or milka stylo is not to be missed.
 
Procillipora 100% IMO- also believe It or not Cali Tort. Super hardy , grows faster than any stag I have in the tank. Been through many accidental ALK swings. Speaking of that keep that Alkalinty stable !
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new