Best bristleworm predators

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After much scientific research and study I came to concise and educated opinion concerning bristle worms in the home reef micro-environment. They are icky.

Why would you want to get rid of the BW's in the first place!? IMO, having plenty myself I find them to be THE best part of any CUC! They are not destructive in any way, nor do they bother anything.

Salty-Noob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard that they eat all the garbage left behind in the tank, but eventually they multiply and become a problem. Is thus true?

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe all scavengers can become predators when faced with a lack scavenged food... at least I believe this to be true. This of course is a problem only if large enough to predate.

I heard that they eat all the garbage left behind in the tank, but eventually they multiply and become a problem. Is thus true?

Salty-Noob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been doing my homework and looks like a yellow corris wrasse is in my future for picking these bristelworms out...bug I totally agree with your point liquid

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had both of those and neither one would eat bristleworms. Maybe I feed them too well.

I always heard that a foxface and/or a coral banded shrimp are the most prolific hunters of The Worms Of Bristle.

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I've got a coral banded shrimp that I hate who was supposed to kill them and instead just causes trouble. I was scrubbing bubble algae off rocks with a toothbrush over my sink when two HUGE ones as thick as my thumb fell outta holes. Nasty things!!!

I've had both of those and neither one would eat bristleworms. Maybe I feed them too well.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 96 44.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 100 46.1%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 21 9.7%
Back