Wrasse hiding!

Reefmedic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HELP! My Solorenis Wrasse has been in hiding in my new tank ever since I got him a week or so ago. He's in a 65 gal tank, no predators, only a clownfish and blood red shrimp as tank mates, and water parameters are perfect. He doesn't seem injured or sick.
I've tried to feed mysis shrimp and even added Tigger Pods to entice him to come out and swim, he has on 2 occasions peeked out of the cave he's found for 4 seconds before retreating.

I need some suggestions! LFS says he may be hiding because there's no other fish around, telling him there may be predators in the area, so their suggestion is add more fish (of course lol)

What should I do??
1000010096.jpg
1000009856.jpg

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's normal for wrasses to hide. my sixline took weeks to be comfortable swimming openly, and still prefers to stick close to the rockscape. You LFS is correct to an extent, skittish fish are more like to feel comfortable swimming openly if others are first. I can attest to this, because I added a saltwater molly to my tank. It's a very bold (and stupid) fish that never hides, and because he's always out and about, my other fish generally follow suit since they feel it's "safe".

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back