Best Budget Doser

Redbeards.Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 27, 2025
Messages
47
Reaction score
51
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have the Jebao 4 head very cheap doser it gets the job done but can be somewhat unreliable and Ive already had one head fail completely. Do you guys have any good suggestions that are slightly better? I can't spend a whole lot more but def dont want to have to worry about it when I go out of town. I appreciate your help!
 
I've had my kamoer doser for about 5 years now, it still works perfectly.
 
The Jebao Doser is a complete mixed bag of good or bad. I talked to someone who has over 50 of them in action on client tanks and he said they keep extra heads on hand at all times and replace all head annually no matter what.

Seems like way too much work to save a few bucks IMO

BRS Drews Doser has been awesome for two decades. Just need a reliable timer
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new