Best clean up crew?

I got the standard 30 gallon cuc from LA for my 50 gallon and it was too many critters. They ate everything but red slime and left my fireball angel with no biofilm to pick at. I doubled the flow and it got rid of the red slime but I think by now my cuc would be hungry enough to have eradicated it without the doubling of the flow.

How big is your tank and what is the bioload?
 
I have a 65 gallon with some acans, mushrooms, toadstool xenia, and a couple hammers. a blue hippo tang a fox face rabbit fish two clown fish a yellow head jaw fish a blue dot jaw fish.
 
I would check out the build your own cuc at liveaquaria.com. You can get a huge variety for $75. I wish that's what i did. I'm taking out my sandbed and wish I didn't have sanddwellers. Oh well I guess they'll be inconvenienced.
 
I think I've tried every snail available, and a wide range of hermit species as well, many of whom were advertised as cyano eaters. Some of both the snails and hermits would occasionally clear off a small patch, but none of them would eat cyano as their first choice or enough to really make a dent. You are going to have to address the root cause.
 
I always order from http://www.reefcleaners.org

I usually go with 1 tank size smaller because of the extras thrown in. Always been satisfied with their cuc.

Not sure what will est red slime, which is usually cyano and not algae...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new