Best coral for a 10g nano?

Roboson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's all in the title. What are your guy's suggestions for corals in a nano tank?

icedgxe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. Most corals can be done within reason. It depends on lighting, experience, and how much work you want to put into dosing etc.

samdizshiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. Most corals can be done within reason. It depends on lighting, experience, and how much work you want to put into dosing etc.
Very true and you forgot the most important how much money you feel like investing haha cuz u can buy one coral for the same price as 4 haha

OP
OP
Roboson

Roboson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Compact fluorescents and blue LED. It's my first salt water, and had to be put together on short notice, so I haven't totally gotten it all together.

icedgxe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would reccomend some easier corals to start with. Most leathers, zoas, and some of the less demanding lps should work for you.

samdizshiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Compact fluorescents and blue LED. It's my first salt water, and had to be put together on short notice, so I haven't totally gotten it all together.
That worrys me this saltwater procces cant be rushed have you worked with other types of aquariums

OP
OP
Roboson

Roboson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is eight months old. I just meant I haven't set it up for corals. I have a 55g freshwater and a pond.

OP
OP
Roboson

Roboson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If buy them from a running tank, is a freshwater dip enough?

samdizshiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If buy them from a running tank, is a freshwater dip enough?
Its so easy to dip them that there is no reason not to its just 10 mins use coral rx trust me i bought an acan and it was in a buddys tank i dipped it. 5 min in to the dip i had bugs squriming out of the acan but if you dont dip those bugs will kill every coral you have in the tank.... So 10 min $20 for coral rx or lose $200 worth of coral ?

rjl45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 leathers, zoas.
+100 dip all corals, every time regardless of where they come from.

I picked up an acan from a very reputable vendor, had so many bad things ended up setting up a QT just for that frag. Let is sit in QT for 6 weeks and dipped it at least 12 times...kept dipping until no more bugs and suspicious critters.

With a 10gal, water quality will be your challenge. If you maintain your water, you'll probably be able to keep most corals. Stay away from sps, don't have the light needed for them. I would also stay away from an anemones.

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a pic of my 10 I just kept everything and fragged like crazy lol. I like the packed look and everything stayed well together except chalice corals they have a nasty bite.

image.jpeg

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 27.4%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 76 48.4%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back