best cuc for 40g?

20 snails
10 hermits
 
Check out reefcleaners.org

They are down your way, have a lot of info on CUC and nuisance algae.

They also have CUC packs with and without hermits, all based on tank size.
 
20 snail and 10 hermits? i dont have any algae at all. :)

tia

+1 what @mta_morrow said.

Doesn't matter that you don't have algae, yet. Since you have livestock a small clean up crew would be a good idea to take care of fish waste and un-eaten food now.

I have a 40 cube and started out with 10 snails and 10 blue leg hermits. Over time I've added more. There's gotta be 25-30 critters in there now.
 
+1 what @mta_morrow said.

Doesn't matter that you don't have algae, yet. Since you have livestock a small clean up crew would be a good idea to take care of fish waste and un-eaten food now.

I have a 40 cube and started out with 10 snails and 10 blue leg hermits. Over time I've added more. There's gotta be 25-30 critters in there now.
thank you!
 
FWIW, I have always started with 1/2 the recommended size. Then, as the tank matures a bit and you add more stuff, I buy another 1/2 size.

Then, replenish as necessary
 
Do you all quarantine clean up crew so ich on shells can die?
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new