• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Best customer service!!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Cflip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to add an additional RO membrane to save water. Went to three LFS none of them installed it correctly. Filter guys knew the problem with one photo!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Euler Kernighan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

Do you know if thefilterguys still in business? Am due to replace all cartridges on my ocean reef miser unit but seems their site is off line and no one is responding emails.

thanks!

OP
OP
Cflip

Cflip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

Do you know if thefilterguys still in business? Am due to replace all cartridges on my ocean reef miser unit but seems their site is off line and no one is responding emails.

thanks!

I ordered from them about a month ago. Maybe just on vacation?

rhardman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
revhtree- wondering if you have any update on the filter guys.

Euler Kernighan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've emailed Jim. He replied they closed due to health issues... Those guys really make the difference, hope the come again.

Anyway, just to help any reef fellow Jim mad have here an custom Ocean Reef Miser "Six" Stage RO/DI 150 GPD unit, configured as:

Anyway, just to help any reef fellow, forever ago when I ordered my RO/DI system, Jim customized an Ocean Reef Miser "Six" Stage RO/DI 150 GPD as below. All the part numbers are available at http://www.thewaterguy.ca

Pre-stage: 5 micron poly sediment filter - Pentek/Pentair 5 Micron Poly Spun Sediment Filter Part# 155014-43
1st stage: 1 micron poly sediment filter - Pentek/Pentair 1 Micron Poly Spun Sediment Filter Part# 155225-43
2nd stage: 5 Micron Matrikx NSF rated CTO carbon block filter - KX Matrikx 5 Micron CTO Carbon Filter Part# 32-250-125-975
3rd stage: 0.6 Micron (Formerly MatriKX +1) Chlorine Guzzler carbon block - Part# 01-250-125-975
Two Dow FilmTec RO membranes 75 GPD each - Part# BW60-1812-75
6th stage: DI housing with refillable cartridge - you can use Spectrapure MaxCap DI Cartridge - SuperDI or any other.
7th stage: High Capacity DI Color Change Cartridge

Add-ons:
RO Bypass valve.
Dual TDS meter 1/4 quick fittings
NOSHOK Center Mount 2.5" Water Pressure Gauge 0-160 PSI, SS, 1/4" NPT - Part# 25-911-160
Aquatec 8800 series booster pump
Aquatec 8800 transformer
Aquatec 8800 auto shutoff switch
Aquatec flow restrictor/autoflush valve - this replaced the "regular/inline" flow restrictor

HTH.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back