Best DI configurations

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for some advice on the best DI resin configuration for my source water. I am on a well which most definitely has Co2 which causes a faster depletion. I have a BRS pro RODi with a Caton, Anion, and then a mixed bed. My water is high in phosphates and silicates with a tds of 150-175 before the RO, 2 after, 14 before the anion, and 0 after the mixed.

It may well be that what I have now is the best, but I don’t see the caton resin changing colors at all and the anion has been changed 2 times already. I am still getting 0 tds after the mixed, but I am seeing a color change on the mixed bed. I was wondering since the caton seems to last so long maybe I should go with one anion and two mixed ?

JMetaxas

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have high Co2 and now use a single Anion, to grab the Co2, followed by two mixed bed resin. FWIW, TDS readings coming out of the single bed resins can be strange. They may not be zero. My TDS from the RO is ~3, but after the Anion bed, it's around 7. But after the first mixed bed resin, it's zero and of course zero after the 2nd mixed bed resin.

OP
OP
Ento-Reefer

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have high Co2 and now use a single Anion, to grab the Co2, followed by two mixed bed resin. FWIW, TDS readings coming out of the single bed resins can be strange. They may not be zero. My TDS from the RO is ~3, but after the Anion bed, it's around 7. But after the first mixed bed resin, it's zero and of course zero after the 2nd mixed bed resin.

This what I am thinking of doing because the caton resin is not being used up hardly at all and I think the anion followed by two mixed beds would be a better solution. I watched the BRS video so I was aware of the higher TDS after the first stage DI. My tds goes up from 2 to 14 after the caton. Thank you for posting.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back