Best epoxy for building reef structure?

zach_discus

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2014
Messages
557
Reaction score
191
Location
Snohomish WA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about to the point of building Mr reef structure. I have a bunch of .375 acrylic rod and flat stock, a couple .400 masonry drills, and a whole bunch of live rock. Once I have the rock in the desired configuration I want to somewhat lock them in place. Looking through the long list of reef epoxys I'm a little lost. I have the luxury of letting it cure before for a hour or two before ssubmerging the structures. Any and all sugestion welcome!!
 
Jb "waterweld" can be bought at home depot for around $4. It works great
 
Thanks for the heads up on the JB Water weld. Did some reading and that's stuff sounds perfect. As for super glue, I like it for frags but not to hold anything more than 5lbs together. :)
 
I used the vertex expoxy from BRS and it worked perfectly. Consistancy was just right, and set up like stone after about 40 minutes. Although I didn't do this, it seems you can also use the expoxy in the water as well as out (in case you need to touch up anything).
 
image.jpg
. That's 2 days of the fluval sea putty and acrylic rod. Not done yet!!
 
+1 on jb waterweld. I used it and worked great plus lots cheaper. Will make your skimmer go crazy for a while but from what I have read most of them do. Also Coraline will grow on it and cover any exposed spots. If you need quicker hold just dab a little superglue gel on both sides where the epoxy touches the rock for a stronger quicker bond.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new