Best External Pump (Vectra L2 or VariosS-8)

Andrew Schubert

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2018
Messages
647
Reaction score
321
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to add an external pump to my system. I'm deciding between the 3100 GPH EcoTech Marino Vectra L2 or the Reeef Octopus VarioS-8. Any thoughts or suggestions.
 
I run my varios internally but absolutely love it. It's dead silent and easy to clean.
 
I use a Red Dragon 3 and it’s the most solid well-built piece of equipment I’ve ever bought for my reef.

Of the 2 you mentioned I would lean to the Varios but when someone says “best” I go to German pumps but they will set you back more $.
 
I've used several of the Vectra pumps, M1, L1, L2, M2, and S2, and the only issue I had was with the L1's. The problems with them were well documented and ETM addressed the problem. I haven't read or heard about any issues with them since.
The L2 is solid pump and of your 2 choices I would go with the Vectra L2.
 
I run vectra pump for returns and have various on my skimmer. I like both and think you can't go wrong with either. Just decide by footprint, connections , etc. Which works better
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new