Best flow options for 48x20x21 tank

BurgerFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanna setup a 48x20x21 tank and I don't want to spend much for the flow.
I need to choose a pump and powerheads.

Pump:
Jebao (Jecod) DCS 7000 Variable Speed Pump - Up to 1900 GPH
or
Jebao / Jecod DCP 8000 Sine Wave Pump 2110 GPH
or
Jebao / Jecod DCP 6500 Sine Wave Pump 1715 GPH

Flow:
Dual Jebao OW-40 (Replaces RW/SW-15) Wireless Wavemaker Package - 315-3950 GPH Per Pump (two OW40)
or
Jecod (Jebao) CP-40 Cross Flow Pump
or
Glamorca GP03 Gyre-Flow Pump

Or any other suggestion in a similar price range?

K-Philly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, this here is going to get into standards and preference. Couple of questions first, what do you plan on keeping?

1. Fish only
  2. Fish/LPS
  3. Fish/LPS/SPS
  4. Fish/LPS/SPS/Anemones or clams
Your critters will affect these rates to some degree. Also, do you already have the prices of these pumps and wave-makers sourced out? I would go ahead and just post them, just so it will be easier to get a view of what price ranges we are working with here. If you are interested, check out the Comline Wavebox. I have one, and you can dial it up or down. Creates more natural waves and gives the tank one nice even flow.

K-Philly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of need your plumbing as well, this kind of question I find can be somewhat tricky to navigate. But if we break it down, piece by piece would should be able to get it.

OP
OP
BurgerFish

BurgerFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, this here is going to get into standards and preference. Couple of questions first, what do you plan on keeping?

1. Fish only
  2. Fish/LPS
  3. Fish/LPS/SPS
  4. Fish/LPS/SPS/Anemones or clams
Your critters will affect these rates to some degree. Also, do you already have the prices of these pumps and wave-makers sourced out? I would go ahead and just post them, just so it will be easier to get a view of what price ranges we are working with here. If you are interested, check out the Comline Wavebox. I have one, and you can dial it up or down. Creates more natural waves and gives the tank one nice even flow.
I'll start with Softies and some LPS. After 6 months I'll start to add SPS. Probably Anemones or clams too. So, 4.

Plumbing? I need to verify it. Looks like Herbie's style. https://www.aquatlantis.com/en/support/files/module/pdfs/file/AQUAVIEW_120_SW

K-Philly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That return pump looks highly competitive especially for the price, also the actual powerheads. Huge fan of DC, and that seems to be where everything is heading. My Comline Wavebox is roughly a $100 more and essentially does the same thing as these. However, it’s just more centralized into one product. For what you need, and I think this is a good idea. Plus as you build and make your way into SPS you can just ramp them up as needed. Wish I knew about that return pump before I got the Eheim+ 5000, it’s adjustable but just by a knob. That return pump is roughly a little bit more in price but not by much.

OP
OP
BurgerFish

BurgerFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about two "Coral Box (Jebao) QP-9 Wavemaker - Up to 2340gph"?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 56 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back