sc50964

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope they are able to figure it out.

If not, you may be looking at the hard decision of needing more tank or less Dussumieri.
After more than a week of using the acclimation box, I released the emperor late last night. So far so good. Just prepared food so that’s the next test. So far I’ve also increased feeding and added 8mm large pellets. Dussumieri is still an butt but the chasing has reduced. Fingers crossed. Knock on wood. If this works then the next is to add a 7” powder blue that’s currently through 2 weeks of copper QT & 2 six-hour bath of Prazipro. Wish me luck.

Doctor Derp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience, higher flow will absolutely change the behavior of a fish population. Running two mp40 at max speed nutrient transport mode all day keeps my anthias and other fish up and active, vs 'meandering about'. 120 gallon 4ft tank they're in.

OP
OP
sc50964

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience, higher flow will absolutely change the behavior of a fish population. Running two mp40 at max speed nutrient transport mode all day keeps my anthias and other fish up and active, vs 'meandering about'. 120 gallon 4ft tank they're in.
Do you turn them down at night?

OP
OP
sc50964

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After more than a week of using the acclimation box, I released the emperor late last night. So far so good. Just prepared food so that’s the next test. So far I’ve also increased feeding and added 8mm large pellets. Dussumieri is still a butt but the chasing has reduced. Fingers crossed. Knock on wood. If this works then the next is to add a 7” powder blue that’s currently through 2 weeks of copper QT & 2 six-hour bath of Prazipro. Wish me luck.
First feeding worked. No aggression issue between the queen and emp. Duss was cool too. Fingers crossed. Knock on wood.

OP
OP
sc50964

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, but I change mode to be less aggressive with the sloshing about while fish are trying to rest. I'd have to look to see exactly how I've got it set.
In your exp, will aggression level go down after a simple increase of flow rate?

OP
OP
sc50964

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The high flow seems to keep the fish busy. Exercise the inmates constantly and they won't have the time nor energy to murder each other.
I guess it’s hard to say how much is too much for in tank circulation until it’s tried, right? Or do you have any recommendations?

Doctor Derp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess it’s hard to say how much is too much for in tank circulation until it’s tried, right? Or do you have any recommendations?
I keep a mixed reef with mostly SPS. As long as the flesh isn't being peeled off of skeletons, everything is happy as can be.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back