Best food for fu manchu lion

Southpawzzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would be the best live food to keep the lionfish on like damsels or should I do frozen food and what do I do for frozen I think that feeding people grade food like salmon, hallabit, octupus ect. That are made for human consumption.
What are the best food additives

wkscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn't resist. Let's refer @Lionfish Lair 667784.jpg

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Damsels can get expensive and you'd have to watch for size, as the Fu has a smaller mouth than the other lions. Do you also really want the upkeep of another tank just to feed your fish? There's also the risk of introducing disease with feeders, especially saltwater feeders. It would also be better to have a variety of live fish to feed, not just damsels.

I feed people food mostly and use a large variety of it. I do supplement just in case I miss something in my offerings. Variety is the key.

OP
OP
S

Southpawzzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Damsels can get expensive and you'd have to watch for size, as the Fu has a smaller mouth than the other lions. Do you also really want the upkeep of another tank just to feed your fish? There's also the risk of introducing disease with feeders, especially saltwater feeders. It would also be better to have a variety of live fish to feed, not just damsels.

I feed people food mostly and use a large variety of it. I do supplement just in case I miss something in my offerings. Variety is the key.
What live foods can I keep a variety on

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ghost shrimp are your best live food, easy to set up a small tank with a sponge filter and gut load them with a variety of healthy foods, I also enrich my feeder tank with brightwell vitamin m, and add a few drops of aminomego in my feeding container for 15min or so before I drop them in. My lions eat mostly live food, I also feed them guppies and very small mollies. I've bred mollies myself and also have a lfs I can get them from. I keep them with the ghosties and enrich them as well.

OP
OP
S

Southpawzzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ghost shrimp are your best live food, easy to set up a small tank with a sponge filter and gut load them with a variety of healthy foods, I also enrich my feeder tank with brightwell vitamin m, and add a few drops of aminomego in my feeding container for 15min or so before I drop them in. My lions eat mostly live food, I also feed them guppies and very small mollies. I've bred mollies myself and also have a lfs I can get them from. I keep them with the ghosties and enrich them as well.
Could I only feed them I have a lfs that I could buy from very cheap and they always have a ton of them I will enrich them and feed them good food. This may seem wrong but can I feed them mysis shrimp I know that they are very healthy so they eat it the lion eats it

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back