Soaking food?

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! So I have read a lot from others about soaking your fish food. Questions are what do you soak it in? Why? Also can/should I soak flake food as well? I generally feed different varieties of frozen in the evening, and different varieties of flake in the morning. I am always looking for ways to boost/ protect my tank inhabitants, so any and all advice please.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I soak mine in tank water. The point being to get it all to waterlogged so it sinks in the tank. Food that floats gets sucked into the weir and caught in the filter sock. Also it allows for frozen food to thaw.

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Defrost Mysis, put into a small container and add Selcon. Put in fridge and let it soak in that. Use throughout the week.

joeyhatch11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frozen Mysis in a small container with tank water then I add in 4ml of Red Sea Reef Energy AB plus. Give a good mix, feed a little the refreeze the rest.

coralboi56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! So I have read a lot from others about soaking your fish food. Questions are what do you soak it in? Why? Also can/should I soak flake food as well? I generally feed different varieties of frozen in the evening, and different varieties of flake in the morning. I am always looking for ways to boost/ protect my tank inhabitants, so any and all advice please.
I soak my pellets in Selcon, Vitachem, and garlic extract. I don’t soak my frozen food though

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back