OP
OP
S

SALTY 75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys this is some awsome info. I am kinda on a bugget but i just had almost my whole tank become saltwater stew so i am willing to spend some dough to make sure my fish never have to go through that again.

OP
OP
S

SALTY 75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So everyone pretty much agrees that submersible heaters are the best option?

OP
OP
S

SALTY 75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so if i go with two heaters in one tank how do i know what size to get them in?

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so if i go with two heaters in one tank how do i know what size to get them in?

What size is your tank? I run two 300 watt heaters on a 160 gallon tank. House temp is around 72 year round.

OP
OP
S

SALTY 75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that was a great video thank you, looks like i will be looking into multiple controllers and two heaters

OP
OP
S

SALTY 75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size is your tank? I run two 300 watt heaters on a 160 gallon tank. House temp is around 72 year round.
Is it just adding two heaters that equal one big heater or is it more complex
?

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe someone with a 75 gallon tank can chime in and let you know what size heaters they run.

Last edited:

King Turkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just use a cheapo Petco heaters I have had on my tank for 5 years maybe I'm just luck. or just stupid and lucky but so far so good with those ones. now yea all have me thinking about getting outlet to stop a over heat just in case

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would probably just go with one finnex titanium 300 watt heater and pick a temp controller that you want on a 75 gallon with no sump. The prewired ranco one above is nice but it says out of stock.

OP
OP
S

SALTY 75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just use a cheapo Petco heaters I have had on my tank for 5 years maybe I'm just luck. or just stupid and lucky but so far so good with those ones. now yea all have me thinking about getting outlet to stop a over heat just in case
yeah dude thats pretty much what i had and they didnt even last a year and now i have no clean up crew or corals anymore, and i dont know if the fish are going to make it. And that all pretty much happend overnight so i would say it is worth your money to buy better heaters. Dont be like me.

lvzx14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you for that but it says outta stock.

They have the regular none wired(DIY) units on sale for a little less that are in stock so I'd imagine they will have more pre-wired units any day now.

I don't think you can beat that price for a pre-wired unit, I think I paid that price for a regular non wired unit a few years back. They are absolutely worth the investment...

King Turkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah dude thats pretty much what i had and they didnt even last a year and now i have no clean up crew or corals anymore, and i dont know if the fish are going to make it. And that all pretty much happend overnight so i would say it is worth your money to buy better heaters. Dont be like me.
o rely damm guess i'm pushing my luck glad I hopped on thread ty now im off to invest

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 72 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 53 26.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.9%
Back