Best heating options?

cbellm

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 27, 2018
Messages
42
Reaction score
13
Location
Indianapolis
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some options and opinions,


I am downsizing from a 360 gallon (total 500 gal) to a 120 Total (150). I wanted to know my best option for heating the tank. I have an Apex running my heaters. My sump is a trigger 44 so 15 inches seems to be the max length with the cord. Is an inkbird truly redundant and worth it? I have about 6 extra ehiem Jaers sitting round ranging from 100-300w... I was running 4 300W heaters on my old tank. I am interested in going to a titanium heater but want to hear some experiences.
 
I have 1 300w titanium heater, it’s a d-d one ran with d-d temperature controls, and that’s running a Red Sea 425
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new