Best HOB for QT filtration?

gabrieltackitt

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 23, 2020
Messages
600
Reaction score
1,064
Location
Tulsa, OK
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning on getting a true QT station setup to go along with my current(and first) build and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good HOB for smallish tanks.

My plan is to have 2 10g tanks setup with HOBs for both and keep a set of seeded media in my sump for use during QT and then to clean thoroughly before the next use, one tank for fish and one for Inverts/Coral. Is this a good plan? Anything you wish you had done on your QT setup?
 
Aquaclear HOB, Eheim heater, a lid, ammonia alert tag and a temperature probe. Pretty easy and straight forward set up. I mount my HOB on the side instead of the back of the tank.
 
Seachem tidal or aqua clear are nice hob filters. I’m using Seachem tidal for mine
 
You can't go wrong with those Aquaclear HOB filters IME. They last forever and the media is really easy to swap out when the time comes.
 
You can't go wrong with those Aquaclear HOB filters IME. They last forever and the media is really easy to swap out when the time comes.
I don’t use any of the media, just the sponge, but I do weekly water changes on my qt. I also have a variety of shapes and sizes of pvc pipe in the bottom for hiding. Makes every thing really easy to clean and set back up for the next batch of fish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new