Best HOB for QT filtration?

gabrieltackitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning on getting a true QT station setup to go along with my current(and first) build and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good HOB for smallish tanks.

My plan is to have 2 10g tanks setup with HOBs for both and keep a set of seeded media in my sump for use during QT and then to clean thoroughly before the next use, one tank for fish and one for Inverts/Coral. Is this a good plan? Anything you wish you had done on your QT setup?

Gernader

Reefing is a never-ending addiction...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Seachem tidal or aqua clear are nice hob filters. I’m using Seachem tidal for mine

cloak

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can't go wrong with those Aquaclear HOB filters IME. They last forever and the media is really easy to swap out when the time comes.

arichmond1003

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can't go wrong with those Aquaclear HOB filters IME. They last forever and the media is really easy to swap out when the time comes.
I don’t use any of the media, just the sponge, but I do weekly water changes on my qt. I also have a variety of shapes and sizes of pvc pipe in the bottom for hiding. Makes every thing really easy to clean and set back up for the next batch of fish.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back