Best HOB protein skimmer

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dsumpter
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Nope, I’m thinking of reactors. With lights right on them, don’t they grow algae on the inside acrylic?

You mean the acrylic will get dirty like the tank glass did? In theory it will. But in my experience it's not that much in practice, probably because it's too close to the light that the par is too high for even nuisance algae to handle. Also when harvesting chaeto, I'll just brush the chamber as well. It will stay clean enough between harvesting.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new