Best ICH treatments

kays

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2023
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
realized this morning my puffer is starting to get white spots on his fins. Put him in a QT tank and currently dosed kick ich and rally pro. Has anyone has good luck with this? Should I not waste my time and go straight to copper? I’ve heard mixed reviews and I really don’t want to lose my fish due to the treatment not working
 
realized this morning my puffer is starting to get white spots on his fins. Put him in a QT tank and currently dosed kick ich and rally pro. Has anyone has good luck with this? Should I not waste my time and go straight to copper? I’ve heard mixed reviews and I really don’t want to lose my fish due to the treatment not working
Rally does nothing for ich but rather velvet and takes longer to treat. Kich-ich is more of a tonic and if you look at bottle, it specifies " does not treat ich" hence the name of product.
Coppersafe or copper power is best/safest but puffers may or may not treat well with use of copper but rather using chloroquine phosphate and even hyposalinity at 1.009 salinity level.
 
realized this morning my puffer is starting to get white spots on his fins. Put him in a QT tank and currently dosed kick ich and rally pro. Has anyone has good luck with this? Should I not waste my time and go straight to copper? I’ve heard mixed reviews and I really don’t want to lose my fish due to the treatment not working

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

If you post a picture of the puffer, we can confirm that is has ich, and then, how severe it is.

Kick Ich and Rally Pro have failed to treat ich for most/many people. I would use either Coppersafe at 2.5 ppm, or hyposalinity.

Jay
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 29.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new