Best ICP analysis options in the US?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know for sure, but worth looking into I can only see for myself and go off informationfrom others, I wasn't even aware of the company until it was mentioned, also why I went with ATI. I didnt want to tell anyone they are wrong on something i have no experience with. I've never icp tested in 20years. I'm only doing it because all the hype has me scared lol I just want to try it and get both my systems checked bi-annually to see if maybe it helps me. I don't really care about the company only the results..

Of course MACNA did no such testing.

These folks did:

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And these folks got impossible results given back to them. It takes a lot to see a result is impossible, as opposed to just being inaccurate.

and

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And these folks got impossible results given back to them. It takes a lot to see a result is impossible, as opposed to just being inaccurate.

and

Hold on still reading, its a small book ;)

What company if any do you recommend?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hold on still reading, its a small book ;)

What company if any do you recommend?

I don't have one I recommend, but Triton and Oceamo say the right things when discussing ICP here. Others may be fine too. Folks like rtparty (posted above) use ICP a lot for the method they use, and the recommendation of ATI is a good one to consider.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have one I recommend, but Triton and Oceamo say the right things when discussing ICP here. Others may be fine too. Folks like rtparty (posted above) use ICP a lot for the method they use, and the recommendation of ATI is a good one to consider.
That was my overall concensus, and so far the way I'm starting, thank you for your input as well.

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used ATI, and the only complaint is their recommended dosing to fix issues is based off your salinity. For example, my salinity was low at 32.1 ppt. So it recommends dosing potassium to 364, instead of the more common 400 ppm.

I guess one other complaint is every time I access the site to look at my test, it's in German so you have to make a couple of clicks to make the site English.

DeputyDog95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had really good, consistent results with Reef Labs. They're based in Tampa and I've gotten to know the owner as I'm local.

Really quick turn around times and a nice dashboard as well to track your results. I like them so much I usually buy a half dozen at a time.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to aquabiomics website, then select products. You can find it there.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 44.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back