Best investment purchase you have made in the hobby.

Rusty_L_Shackleford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My RODI. I bought it before I even got a tank. I was not about to lug 5 gallon jugs up 3 flights of stairs. The easier maint is rhe more likely you are to actually do it. My auto doser and ato make life so much easier. I often have to work long hours unexpectedly and there are often days when I get home from work late and have only have the energy to feed my fish, feed myself and go to bed. My inkbird gives me a lot of peace of mind as well. I would love a hudros or apex but it's not in our budget right now.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I invested in my Reef tanks for an investment in my mental health. I weirdly have a high stress job, or at least the owner of the company makes it that way. This (Reefing) allows me to escape, have peace of mind and sleep at night. I love having the weekends to work on my tanks. If I have a sleepless night, it is because I have a new idea and I thinking about the various ways I want to implement it.
Saltwater is the chicken soup for the soul....

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I invested in my Reef tanks for an investment in my mental health. I weirdly have a high stress job, or at least the owner of the company makes it that way. This (Reefing) allows me to escape, have peace of mind and sleep at night. I love having the weekends to work on my tanks. If I have a sleepless night, it is because I have a new idea and I thinking about the various ways I want to implement it.
Saltwater is the chicken soup for the soul....
Glad that reefing can be a getaway place of some sorts for you!

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone using the Hannah marine monitor? I'm wondering how well those work to monitor salinity and pH reliably and how often they need calibrated. Seems like it would be a nice purchase.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot one. This sign! (Is he looking? :grinning-face-with-sweat:)
YouCut_20230613_200300888_exported_1966~2.jpg

cwerner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure my Auto Water Change system (I personally am using the Hydros controller). Not hauling 5 gallon buckets full of water up and down stairs means I have a lot more energy for other maintenance tasks, and my tank SEEMS to be healthier with the daily changes rather than the weekly or monthly water changes.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef2Reef supporter, comes with a cool Badge a helpful community to find information on almost anything.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back