Best Jawfish?

Salt Addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was thinking of one for the upstairs reef and was wondering if anyone knew what the 'rudest' one behavior wise out there was? I love the way they have that "get off my lawn" attitude when your looking at the tank and while my wife's BSJ fits this perfectly I am hesitant to push my luck with adding one to this tank given their common health issues. Pearly seem close, but you miss the eyeing behavior the BSJs do. In short I guess you can say I am looking for the most interactive / hateful towards people jawfish species out there that are still fish safe. Probably sounds weird, but when I get the feeling it would flip me off if it could then its the perfect jawfish lol.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
pearly.
The Pearly Jawfish, also known as the Yellowhead Jawfish feature a light-yellow head with a muted blue/green body. The Pearly Jawfish is a hardy species that requires a tank with plenty of live rock and a deep sandy substrate to burrow in (around 5 inches). The Pearly Jawfish can sometimes be seen dancing up and down in its burrow which makes for a fun fish to watch. It is a mouth-breeder which means it will hold eggs in its mouth. Eating a carnivorous diet, the Pearly Jawfish feeds on mainly brine and mysis shrimp and other meaty preparations.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 82 87.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back