Best LED Light Strip or Gooseneck attached light

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the best led light strip or a goose neck attched light for a 20 gallon?
-I like to function/options of the Current marine IC but have read mixed reviews on quality and not a full spectrum light.. low watt light...Timer loses time and becomes unfuctionable, remote doesn’t work after a bit...
-The Kessil Tuna Blue 80 is nice and know it built well but not sure it would cover the 20 gallon and I would need 2...Are these lights programmable to change throughout the day?
-Aquatic Life Edge LED strip - program doesn’t work well... product won’t last.... mixed reviews..

I’m on a tighter budget at the moment so I’m trying to keep it under $150.. Also want to have on goose neck or a light strip to have a cleaner look (Make the wife happy ).. So I don’t want to hang from ceiling for this aquirium maybe the next...
Any and All thoughts appreciated.. I was shopping Cyber Monday deals but didn’t find anything great..
Thanks
BD

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the best led light strip or a goose neck attched light for a 20 gallon?
-I like to function/options of the Current marine IC but have read mixed reviews on quality and not a full spectrum light.. low watt light...Timer loses time and becomes unfuctionable, remote doesn’t work after a bit...
-The Kessil Tuna Blue 80 is nice and know it built well but not sure it would cover the 20 gallon and I would need 2...Are these lights programmable to change throughout the day?
-Aquatic Life Edge LED strip - program doesn’t work well... product won’t last.... mixed reviews..

I’m on a tighter budget at the moment so I’m trying to keep it under $150.. Also want to have on goose neck or a light strip to have a cleaner look (Make the wife happy ).. So I don’t want to hang from ceiling for this aquirium maybe the next...
Any and All thoughts appreciated.. I was shopping Cyber Monday deals but didn’t find anything great..
Thanks
BD
What types of coral are you going to be trying to keep? Softies. LPS. or SPS or a mix of all of them? That's going to heavily influence your lighting options. And what are the dimensions of the tank your going to be using this over?

OP
OP
TnFishwater98

TnFishwater98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What types of coral are you going to be trying to keep? Softies. LPS. or SPS or a mix of all of them? That's going to heavily influence your lighting options. And what are the dimensions of the tank your going to be using this over?

Dimensions- 24-1/4" x 12-1/2" x 16-3/4, Being a beginner I will start with softies and LPS corals.... Would like to have options to have SPS in the far future but not nessassary at the moment with my budget...
Thanks
BD

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dimensions- 24-1/4" x 12-1/2" x 16-3/4, Being a beginner I will start with softies and LPS corals.... Would like to have options to have SPS in the far future but not nessassary at the moment with my budget...
Thanks
BD
Well with those dimensions, and what you're looking to keep, you're better off spending the extra money now, it'll cost you more in the long run to buy one lighting option now and then buy another later on. For that tank, and the corals you want to do, you could go with a single AI Prime HD for $199 and the gooseneck is only $25.
And this light will grow soft and lps corals and is more than capable of sps corals later on.
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/prime-hd-led-module-black-body-aqua-illumination.html
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/prime-flex-arm-12-inch-aqua-illumination.html

smcquary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefbreeders.com has a very nice nano light with a gooseneck and hanging kit for $179.99 and sbreeflights.com has a sprite model that would work well that is reasonably priced as well.

OP
OP
TnFishwater98

TnFishwater98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will check it out.. I see some say it has disco effect on sandbed.. This little light will cover 24 wide aquirium is pretty impressive...
Thanks
BD

OP
OP
TnFishwater98

TnFishwater98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like all the suggestions.. You got me at least looking at different/better looking options... I just want to make sure 1 Light will do coverage of the entire tank and be the right kind of light for corals down the road... Any more suggestion I will take! Researching Hard...
Thanks
BD

OP
OP
TnFishwater98

TnFishwater98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have the Coral Box Moon LED Plus or know anything about them?

Back