Best light for a Red Sea reef 170 for mixed reef with heavy sps In the center.

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up my Red Sea reef 170 in my new house soon so I have to finalize things. The tank has been without a light for about 3 months it’s been cycling.

Right now I have a IM 40G Nuvo. The lights I have on hand are a Red Sea 90 and radion XR15wPro Gen 4. Now I’ve run into the issue with both lights that my SPS get shading on the far corners and that’s annoying.

I’m forced to use both lights on my Nuvo 40 because the shading is so bad on the corners..... I really don’t want T5 because I don’t want to change bulbs or hang anything from the ceiling....

Off topic: a skimmer that’s small yet powerful because I want to put dragons breath in the sump and other macro algae

Jacked Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a 170 and am going with a AI hydra 64. Possibly adding t5 or orphek bars as supplements in the future.

OP
OP
Zeal

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is there any way to add a Orphik bar to a radion or a kessil or Hydra without having to hang it from the ceiling?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back