Best lighting for King Midas Coloration

Javii44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! im new to keeping coral and picked up the King MIdas Zoas. I have noticed in my tank that the zoas look more of a green instead of the gold/yellow they are known for. Is it my light intensity? need to feed food/nutrients?

My light: Red Sea 50 LED
My tank: Fluval 13.5g

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know specifically, but lots of corals get sold with highly manipulated colors in the photos provided.

Otherwise, the light you have may provide a different spectral output than the Zoa's were photographed under. Greens and Yellows and Red pigments all can look very different under "blue" vs "white" lights which makes providing a specific answer difficult since I am not familiar with the Red Sea output and I am currently too lazy to look it up.

Can you post a picture of your Zoa's in the tank? Might help others provide a clearer answer in case you got something other than King Midas zoas? which is also another possibility that can happen when corals get sold and shipped.

Jessereef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! im new to keeping coral and picked up the King MIdas Zoas. I have noticed in my tank that the zoas look more of a green instead of the gold/yellow they are known for. Is it my light intensity? need to feed food/nutrients?

My light: Red Sea 50 LED
My tank: Fluval 13.5g
Kessil

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 79 55.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back