best lighting for $800

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MH is probably the quickest path to success with regards to lighting. Just 'cause - here's my display w the Spectra- not a smidgeon of dim area ...

06D758B4-7AE3-4049-81CE-F530426776A0.jpeg

Killer aqua scape there. I like the depth.

Agree. MH is such a quick path to success with lighting. The margin of error is so large, it’s very difficult to mess up. It’s so out of fashion lately it becomes harder and harder to recommend, just because it falls on deaf ears. I like my lumen bright pendants with led bars, but a giesemann spectra or even a Hamilton cebu sun with the t5’s instead would be preferable. I prefer the look of a blue+/true actinic combination over the blue led look.

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Killer aqua scape there. I like the depth.

Agree. MH is such a quick path to success with lighting. The margin of error is so large, it’s very difficult to mess up. It’s so out of fashion lately it becomes harder and harder to recommend, just because it falls on deaf ears. I like my lumen bright pendants with led bars, but a giesemann spectra or even a Hamilton cebu sun with the t5’s instead would be preferable. I prefer the look of a blue+/true actinic combination over the blue led look.

Thank you! And yes, you are absolutely right about the huge margin of error. My favorite look is actually the 10k Halide + strong supplementation with focus on the 400-420 nm range. These setups look incredible - the perfect mix of brightness and pop. And almost completely "set and forget".

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 33 38.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.7%
Back