Best Nano LEDs

f.christian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone I got a light off of Amazon and it’s doing a good job but I want something better to be able to throw my nicer corals in there when I run out of space so what’s your opinions?

What lights are good for nanos? It’s a 10 gallon biocube.

Keep the price reasonable haha not trying to spend 500 bucks on a light for my nano haha but I’d appreciate your inputs

(The picture was shortly after finishing my floating rock scape that’s why it’s cloudy)

34872758-2872-4C9B-AB79-CED0BA19F771.jpeg

OP
OP
f.christian

f.christian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AI Prime or Kessil a80 are the two "budget" options for that size tank from name-brand distributors.
Name brand doesn’t matter to me I just need something I can manage easily like with an app or timer and quality lighting

DucatiGtr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sure there are some super cheap options.. I run all ai sol and prime on my DT, great colors..
I run a 60$ ebay light w 3 pucks but can’t really control it, maybe just a timer.
I’m sure there has to be plenty but I didn’t save any from my searches.
bump, I’ll be needing one as well!

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Name brand doesn’t matter to me I just need something I can manage easily like with an app or timer and quality lighting
"I got a light off of Amazon and it’s doing a good job but I want something better to be able to throw my nicer corals in there when I run out of space so what’s your opinions?"

This is from your original post and would indicate otherwise. I'm all for wanting to stay away from the big 3 of reef lighting, but in your case the AI prime is so feature heavy for its price point that it's clearly the choice.

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved two of my 7 year old kessil a360s to a 20g and I'm growing hammers like crazy. Haven't measured the PAR but they are super happy.

Apparently LED have a "lifespan". I've been skeptical of this and think they probably have a much longer useful life.

My point of telling you this: I bet you can find some awesome used lights. My 7yr old a360s would be fantastic on your tank. I'm sure someone out there is selling some.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heard good things about the red sea lights. They are budget for that size

OP
OP
f.christian

f.christian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sure there are some super cheap options.. I run all ai sol and prime on my DT, great colors..
I run a 60$ ebay light w 3 pucks but can’t really control it, maybe just a timer.
I’m sure there has to be plenty but I didn’t save any from my searches.
bump, I’ll be needing one as well!
Haha well let’s see if this thread helps us both then haha

OP
OP
f.christian

f.christian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"I got a light off of Amazon and it’s doing a good job but I want something better to be able to throw my nicer corals in there when I run out of space so what’s your opinions?"

This is from your original post and would indicate otherwise. I'm all for wanting to stay away from the big 3 of reef lighting, but in your case the AI prime is so feature heavy for its price point that it's clearly the choice.
I guess you have a point there

OP
OP
f.christian

f.christian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a kessil a160 on my 5g rock nem garden. Run it at 100% power on a timer. There are cheaper options my friends happpened to have this used from a tank buyout
AD2CDA98-C56F-4CAF-A8A2-80F8B9CF68AF.jpeg
51ECEBC0-8F7A-4F13-AA4A-CB456F699A62.jpeg
I didn’t know you could put them so close to the glass like that

OP
OP
f.christian

f.christian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heard good things about the red sea lights. They are budget for that size
I have a Red Sea 90 on my 60 cube and it does great

I wasn’t aware Red Sea had lights for smaller tanks the “50” is a pretty big light from my understanding

>>klong<<

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn’t aware Red Sea had lights for smaller tanks the “50” is a pretty big light from my understanding
I have a ReefLED 50 on a 20g cube and I really like it - especially for the money. I think if I ever start keeping really light hungry corals I may have to upgrade to the 90. I’ve done no PAR measurements, but RS has a decent PAR map on their site. I’d guess that it would be a great light for you 10g cube. The shimmer is much better than my G5 XR15s on another tank.

The RS software is clunky, but if you want to set you spectrum and time and forget it, is really isn’t an issue.

And if your into this sort of thing, I don’t think you can get a cleaner design aesthetic from any LED light. They look great.

DDenny

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on your budget and what you want to do. I bit the bullet and got the AI prime 16HD for my 4.1 gallon. If I upgrade in the future I don't have to change lights.

OP
OP
f.christian

f.christian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a ReefLED 50 on a 20g cube and I really like it - especially for the money. I think if I ever start keeping really light hungry corals I may have to upgrade to the 90. I’ve done no PAR measurements, but RS has a decent PAR map on their site. I’d guess that it would be a great light for you 10g cube. The shimmer is much better than my G5 XR15s on another tank.

The RS software is clunky, but if you want to set you spectrum and time and forget it, is really isn’t an issue.

And if your into this sort of thing, I don’t think you can get a cleaner design aesthetic from any LED light. They look great.

Hmm I’m gna look into it see if I can find a deal out there

Back