Best Nitrate test kit

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I have ordered some hanna checkers, but they do not have nitrate, or I can not find them. I am looking for a good nitrate test and was wondering what most of you use. I am currently using api and am right on with the ac. I have not ask what they use.

KSzegi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like both the Salifert and the Red Sea Pro - and they seem to match up well with results. Personally I think the RSP is easier to read, more differentiation in colors. You can get a more exact reading - although not sure that is really necessary! lol

OP
OP
JOKER

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. I wonder if hanna will soon be making nitrate? Seem much easier than adding drops.lol

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the Elos test kits. They are pricey but accurate and user friendly.

I have the Elos calcium kit and I am far from impressed. The fact that you have to watch for a color change and they don't actually show the beginning and end colors is asinine. The test itself is easy to use, the lack of color on the card is poor planning on Elos's part.

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The color change is the end of the test. As soon as it goes from pink to blue you're done. (I think that's the one I'm thinking of) it been a while since I've used one.

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The color change is the end of the test. As soon as it goes from pink to blue you're done. (I think that's the one I'm thinking of) it been a while since I've used one.

My issue with the test is that the color change is slow and that, like almost all other tests, they don't show the actual colors they change from and to. It's just two shades of grey.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 129 75.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 9.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 25 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back