Best Non-destructive Sandsifter??Lol

  • Thread starter Thread starter bj274
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bj274

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2023
Messages
130
Reaction score
33
Location
pine mountain
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a couple of diamond and a yellow watchman before. If I remember correctly, I don’t think the yellow watchman was as destructive as the diamonds?
What’s the best Sandsifter that doesn’t remodel the tank every day and make a dusty mess??

Thanks
 
Watchman gobies don't sift sand. The dusty mess or more or less down to the sand grain size.
 
Go for Valencienna Sexguttata. The “blue dot” goby. It’s all white with blue dots on its face. I’ve had great luck with two of them over the course of my time in the hobby. They tend to stay very close to the sand as they sift and don’t swim up into the water column very often, if ever.
 
Go for Valencienna Sexguttata. The “blue dot” goby. It’s all white with blue dots on its face. I’ve had great luck with two of them over the course of my time in the hobby. They tend to stay very close to the sand as they sift and don’t swim up into the water column very often, if ever.
Awesome…thanks
 
Go for Valencienna Sexguttata. The “blue dot” goby. It’s all white with blue dots on its face. I’ve had great luck with two of them over the course of my time in the hobby. They tend to stay very close to the sand as they sift and don’t swim up into the water column very often, if ever.
I have had a blue dot goby for a month. Very hard worker who sifts sand while laying on the substrate. I also have one strawberry conch, 3 fighting conch and a few nasarius snails.
 
My new addition … thanks everyone!
IMG_3267.jpeg
 
All of the sand sifting fish are going to do the rearranging you are trying to avoid, so you are limited to inverts. Even if they don’t create a cloud and stay close to the bottom, they will still move a lot of sand around and make the valleys and mounds I’m guessing you don’t like.

Fighting conch do a great job along with lots of nassarius snails. I’ve just come to terms with my diamond goby and relinquished control of the sand bed geography to him. Only downside is that I can’t really keep soft corals on the sand bed, but managed that with a few small rocks placed around the tank as elevated platforms for those corals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new