Best Online fish store???

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello all! Ive researched this a lot, but all the posts ive seen on this subject are outdated it seems. whats the best place to buy fish online? I dont really have a lfs. the closest one to me is 1.5 hours away and isn't all that great. I absolutely refuse to use live aquaria due to past experiences, so are there any other options? I used to use Salgado Aquatics before they stopped shipping and was really happy with them. Id like to find another place that has quality fish like they did and good customer service.

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you consider “best”? Are you looking for farm raised or specific types of fish? I have one saved on my iPad at home that I saw that looked great to me because they QTd all fish for 30 days before sending out (if you find this important). I’ll look it up when I get home and reply with the name!

FangsAndGames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marine collectors for the best quality out there, humble fish for your bread and butter fish with excellent quarantine, Among the reef for premium quality fish that you ordinarily couldn’t find anywhere.

OP
OP
Cassian

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you consider “best”? Are you looking for farm raised or specific types of fish? I have one saved on my iPad at home that I saw that looked great to me because they QTd all fish for 30 days before sending out (if you find this important). I’ll look it up when I get home and reply with the name!

best for me is good customer service and gosh that don’t arrive sick. I qt everything so the 30 qt isn’t as important to me, but would still be nice. I’d love to know the name of this company when you get time to find it

OP
OP
Cassian

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What were your negative experiences with LA?
Too many to list. Absolutely horrendous customer service, fish arriving covered in flukes and full of parasites, and numerous other things. I can’t stand them

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
best for me is good customer service and gosh that don’t arrive sick. I qt everything so the 30 qt isn’t as important to me, but would still be nice. I’d love to know the name of this company when you get time to find it
Found it! https://tsmaquatics.com/ looks legit! I like that the QT and seem to be all about their quality.

camelon02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have bought fish over the years from LA, Saltwaterfish.com, Blue Zoo and others. Blue Zoo I remember as being good back at that time. LA fish I received were MUCH smaller than expected.

My new go-to has been Reef Beauties. They are the only company that has sent fish that arrive CONSISTENTLY healthy and CONSISTENTLY the size that I am expecting. They are great to work with if I have any questions and have a good guarantee on their livestock as well.

Gogoggansgo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too many to list. Absolutely horrendous customer service, fish arriving covered in flukes and full of parasites, and numerous other things. I can’t stand them

my coral beauty has HLLE, pretty much since the day i got it from them. LA is good in a pinch but besides that I’m good

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Nothing but positive things about Mike and his company. You have the choice between quarantined or conditioned fish.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back