Best online marketplace for corals and fish???

Joem820

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Around the middle of March my first reef tank was just beginning to cycle, which worked out well considering everything near me shut down for 2 months due to COVID-19. However, now that my tank has fully cycled, I have been looking at my local fish stores and have been underwhelmed by their saltwater livestock selection. So, I was hoping that people could recommend a few online stores that they have had success with for both fish and corals to help me get my tank started.

Kris 2020

Super Active Excellent Well Known Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy.gif

Brandon Smith

AquaticArsenal.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Liveaquaria.com is solid for fish.
I would read up on Liveaquaria.com first. They were bought out by PetCo awhile back and reviews haven't been the best. Their shipping process changed, and I know shipping includes a couple different charges now. I would start with the Sponsors on this forum.

Fishurama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like Vivid aquariums and Aqua SD for coral(Vivid is known for having some of the best SPS colors on the market), AQUA SD also ships for 20 bucks if you live in California which is nice. Fish, your best bet is your local fish store. You can see the fish yourself, check if they are healthy, etc. I would only ship fish if it was something hard to find/rare.

Vivid link
Some of their sample shots(a mushroom/goniopora i bought from them, picture matches identically)
reverse intersteller mushroom.jpg

ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg.jpg

Aqua SD link
Some of their sample shots of what i bought, this is where i get most my anemones. They are a little high on their blues, but 95 percent color accurate.

mini maxi 3.png

UltraRockFlowerAnemone-RetailPrice_79_SALEPRICE_46_2048x2048.png

UltraRockFlowerAnemone-RetailPrice_79_SALEPRICE_42_2e626f48-278e-4208-88f4-514af3f12608_2048x2...png

mini maxi 4.png
mini maxi.png

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back