Best parasite cleaner for your tank

saltwaterfish.com

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2023
Messages
597
Reaction score
551
Location
Vero Beach
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a lot of reef tanks a lot of people will have a dedicated fish or invertebrate for cleaning pests off of other fish such as cleaner shrimp or cleaner wrasse. Which does a better job at cleaning in your opinion. I see cleaner shrimp do more active work on fish and not be as picky, where as cleaner wrasse tend to stick to larger fish species.
 
My pair of cleaner shrimp used to ride fish around cleaning them. They never cleaned again after I moved to larger tank. They were great at stealing food out of lps but became useless for anything else. I have a Blue streak cleaner wrasse in my large tank that works on the tangs but not a lot. I'm wondering if there's really enough parasites on the fish to really need a cleaner.
In one tank I have a electric blue damsel that will posture and my sixline cleans the damsel which is interesting to watch.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new