Best pellets out there?

zoanutty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a medium-large sized pellet to feed my fish that are low in phosphates, or that at least don't send them thru the roof. I am currently using an off-brand that was sold by a distributor near me and while my fish love them and are all fat and seemingly healthy, I am running out and won't have access to the food any longer. Any recommendations?

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe new life spectrum marine formula is probably your best bet with pellets meeting that sort of requirements. There are some other specialty brands out there that hobbyists swear by but they can be hard to find and/or order online.

K. Steven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Life Spectrum, Piscine Energetics, TDO. If you are not specifically looking for pellets for an auto-feeder or for convenience and you are worried about nutrient issues, I'd stick with frozen foods because they are much less nutrient dense.

squampton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like Vitalis but I am not sure its available in the US. The pellets are moist and the fish go nuts for them, not sure if it comes in large pellets as I have small fish so never paid attention.

I also like new life.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a medium-large sized pellet to feed my fish that are low in phosphates, or that at least don't send them thru the roof. I am currently using an off-brand that was sold by a distributor near me and while my fish love them and are all fat and seemingly healthy, I am running out and won't have access to the food any longer. Any recommendations?

Sure, no pellets. Switch to frozen food and you will be happier with the results. Arguably the best all in one that isn't loaded with nasty fillers is Reef Frenzy:

JRAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish are small. Largest is my 3 inch flame hawk. They love New Life spectrum and Hikari marine s equally well. I have 2 Banggai cards that won’t eat either -which is strange because they are tank raised! They love frozen mysis and brine shrimp.

Back