OP
OP
ReeferJay86

ReeferJay86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I switched from Reef Crystals to Fritz because it was cheaper but I've noticed that Fritz doesnt leave that nasty white film in my mixing tub which is definitely a plus for me. I havent seen any major improvements/regression in the corals so I think theyre about the same. I think I'll stick with Fritz, it seems like a really good salt. Be careful with the Tropic Marin, a lot of people in my local club are having issues getting ahold of it right now but it may just be a supply issue in my area, I dont know
I like fritz to don’t get me wrong. The big difference for the change was, 1, to aid my Alk and calcium to come down as slow as possible doing 1 gal every 2 day water change, 2, mixed storage. I work in WTX and gone for 2 weeks home for 1 and it would leave a tanish film and ring in the bucket. Since the buckets were white, you could see all the percipient buildup. I mixed a batch of TM and bucket was white a it can be. I order all my stuff from BRS or SaltwaterAquarium.com. If one place doesn’t have it, I’ll order from the other.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hats off to you, peninsula tanks are indeed the best...if you got a spot for one anyway.
I have 2 a fiji cube 18.5 ( now a 20g) and the Red sea reefer 650P.

long story but I was lock into a Rs tank. but if i was shopping now I would go WB or custom build with joe from glasses cages.

I agree if you can go 30" wide do it even 36" I look and the 650P i am setting up and think man just if it was wider.

I suggest painter tape and tape out the dems. if the tank you are look at and see the foot print. even better if you can get some cheap PVC and mock up a 3d layout to get the feel for it. bigger it got always better in every home.

oh if your in TX the planet aquariums is prob. the way to go as there local and can save on the shipping.

but if you want a PNP system its hard to beat waterbox or red sea.

another option is fiji cube they dont have a peninsula but they do have a corner tank. might fit your spot??

good luck man and let us know what you go with.

1Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hats off to you, peninsula tanks are indeed the best...if you got a spot for one anyway.

long story but I was lock into a Rs tank. but if i was shopping now I would go WB or custom build with joe from glasses cages.

I agree if you can go 30" wide do it even 36" I look and the 650P i am setting up and think man just if it was wider.

I suggest painter tape and tape out the dems. if the tank you are look at and see the foot print. even better if you can get some cheap PVC and mock up a 3d layout to get the feel for it. bigger it got always better in every home.

oh if your in TX the planet aquariums is prob. the way to go as there local and can save on the shipping.

another option is fiji cube they dont have a peninsula but they do have a corner tank. might fit your spot??

I'm currently designing a AIO peninsula to give the tank builder even though it's going to be up against a wall like a regular tank I just love the look of the fish floating in the air and you always have the option of using it as intended if you move home and have space for it in that configuration. I would also avoid RS, Waterbox looks like the top dog in town with no major complaints so far.

OP
OP
ReeferJay86

ReeferJay86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’ve been looking into PA for sometime now. There is a vendor in Corpus Christi that can get them, as well as another vendor that sells IM and Redsea. Waterbox has also been on my list since it largest peninsula is about 6’ long. With PA, I was looking into the 8’. Only issue is I would have to build a stand, purchase a sump and plumbing. This is good if I want to go full on custom built 80/20 for the stand. When I look at it price wise. I think custom would come out more then a waterbox and redsea with everything right out of the box. It would make it a sick build going custom though lol.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been looking into PA for sometime now. There is a vendor in Corpus Christi that can get them, as well as another vendor that sells IM and Redsea. Waterbox has also been on my list since it largest peninsula is about 6’ long. With PA, I was looking into the 8’. Only issue is I would have to build a stand, purchase a sump and plumbing. This is good if I want to go full on custom built 80/20 for the stand. When I look at it price wise. I think custom would come out more then a waterbox and redsea with everything right out of the box. It would make it a sick build going custom though lol.

yeah I hear that things do add up and I think that is why WB/RS have a good thing going with here there PNP set ups. sure does make things a bit easier, that said my RS build is going supper slow, as I thought about a basement sump took a few weeks there and another few weeks thinking about the manifold plumbing. I also changes out there gate valve for a spears....so there is still things to do on PNP setups.

I would look of FB/crags list and see if thee are any carpenters in your area to build you a stand and get a quote. IDK its nice to know all variables so you can make the best choice for you.
good luck

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a bunch of quotes from some of the bigger custom builders and I feel that miracles gives you the most for your money and their quote was the most professional. How ever I will be going with IM just be cause of cost. But for a Peninsula I would go with custom so you have them drill holes in bottom for flow near the end so you don’t have to run power heads on the end.

FWTXReefnerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D8B67B65-996F-4F94-8B38-8275B95B7F4C.jpeg
9ADF1097-A02D-4BE1-B226-789963CC28D5.jpeg
You get more for your money if you custom built(for large tank 150g+)Most generic tank doesnt have good dimensions for peninsula style. Ideally, the width is best atleast 30” but that’s base on preference of the space given in your home.
I’m sorry if you’ve been asked a million times, but what kind of MH Bulbs are you using here? Curious about spectrum & brand bc it looks great!

Tritie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D8B67B65-996F-4F94-8B38-8275B95B7F4C.jpeg
9ADF1097-A02D-4BE1-B226-789963CC28D5.jpeg
You get more for your money if you custom built(for large tank 150g+)Most generic tank doesnt have good dimensions for peninsula style. Ideally, the width is best atleast 30” but that’s base on preference of the space given in your home.
Can you please provide you T5 bulb combo and LED settings?

Txoutlaw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard of Planet Aquarium from Reff Builders Studio Vlogs and SaltwaterAquarium.com. There is a retailer close by me in Corpus Christi, TX that can order them. Checking out your build thread now, Thanks.
I'm in the RGV and looking at Planet Aquarium for my next build.can you tell who the retailer is in Corpus?

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back