Best photo. Box

Coralguy777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I'm looking fir the best photo box out there but can't seem to find very nice one if you have any information about where I may get a ni e one with magnets please let me know thx all and happy reefing

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like/use the Avast Porthole........superior design and easy to use. They are the best at blocking stray light as well.

I've never had a need for magnets............curious as to what you're trying to do?

OP
OP
Coralguy777

Coralguy777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like/use the Avast Porthole........superior design and easy to use. They are the best at blocking stray light as well.

I've never had a need for magnets............curious as to what you're trying to do?
Like a photo box put a frag in that box ad take a picture they had some on ebay but super cheaply made I'm looking for the best the one I found has magnets but it again was cheaply made

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When I have wanted a black background I made a tray out of spare egg crate and some 1/2" pvc that hooks on the rim of the tank.....works really well. You can use some black garbage bag material to cover the eggcrate. I had some of that black bag material you get when you order fish online that works well too.

I've also have used random magnets from old powerheads instead of doing the hook thing.

If you do something like this you still get the advantage of the porthole for tank pictures of multiple corals and it also acts as a handy look down device when doing work from above.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Coralguy777

Coralguy777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I have wanted a black background I made a tray out of spare egg crate and some 1/2" pvc that hooks on the rim of the tank.....works really well. You can use some black garbage bag material to cover the eggcrate. I had some of that black bag material you get when you order fish online that works well too.

I've also have used random magnets from old powerheads instead of doing the hook thing.

If you do something like this you still get the advantage of the porthole for tank pictures of multiple corals and it also acts as a handy look down device when doing work from above.
I'll have to try this thx for your help brother

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 52 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back