Best Place to Buy 96 watt, 36 inch PC bulbs in 20K?

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, guys!

I need to order replacement bulbs to the above specs. What's the cheapest, most reliable way on the net to do that? I didn't see any at Hellolights or Petco.com, tried all the local stores today to no avail. Any suggestions?

:D
Laurie

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm, I went to that website, but the pins are linear, which they only have up to 65 watt.

:( Hmmm........ This may be a bit harder than I thought. Or I'll just have to settle for 65s watt ones.

Laurie

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heya, Surfn!

Actually, I am hoping these will be used to supplement a 150 MH that a friend is sending me. I knwo the best would be to supplement it with t-5s or VHOs, but it will be a bit before that happens. (At least as long as Kris has a say in it)

:lol:
Laurie

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there are some dirt cheap T-5 HO single lights out there.

they are bassically the T-5 bulb, mounted on a single plastic strip, and it has a built in ballast to over drive the bulb to make it HO (high output). they come in actinic colors also. they are way more powerful, and MUCH cheaper than any PC or VHO bulb.

i dont know the brand. but if twon8 is reading this, marvin carries them in atlantis. they are sticking up out of a box over in the corner by the counter (in front of marvin's old sps tank, behind the big deltec tank).

get twon8 to see what the brand name on those are. i have a link to the website on my home computer, but the comptuer is boxed up for my impending move. :-(

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope your move goes well, they always stress me out. I hate seeing the hubby get mad at the furniture trying to move it :( Plus, the tanks!!!! Yikes... My prayers are with you. :D

THat does sound awesome- maybe I'll wait and see if Twon knows then.

Laurie

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
send him a PM or something with a link to this thread. i'm sure he knows what i'm talking about.

will be another week or two, maybe longer before i get my home computer online with internet.

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, surfn. I have to do something about it relatively soon- I swiped the lights off the fish only tank for the moment.

Laurie

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i *think* this is it.

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc...uct_Code=CU-USA01101&Category_Code=Current-T5

thats just the 24" size. they are called slimpaq's. they are only good for actinic lighting though. not really strong enough to use the 10k's.

i'm not really sure if these are HO (high output), like you should really get.

i do have a link to ones exactly like those, except they have built in reflectors and are HO. prob about $30 each roughly. wish i could get the link on my home computer.

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
surfn said:
i do have a link to ones exactly like those, except they have built in reflectors and are HO. prob about $30 each roughly. wish i could get the link on my home computer.

Wow, that's cheap!! $30 for HO is even better. I am thinking, maybe 2 of the high out put ones, and one of the ones in this link in actinic... I'll probably just wind up selling one or both of the PCs at that point. I only need one to go over the FO tank... and for that tank, even that much is overkill.

I think I am going to hold off until you get to your home computer again!!! :lol: I figure, by the time you get to it, it will be about the first of the month. Which is when I get paid... the hubby has more going on then too, is less apt to notice :) He doesn't mind really, but every once ina while I get "the eyebrow"; and such moments are best avoided...

:lol:
Laurie

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tada!!! here is the link i am talking about. you can also buy these racks that hold them all in place, so you can use more than 1 on the tank. they are HO's, so they are very bright. i'll be ordering some once i'm settled down and start work on my cube tank. i just cant afford one of those ice cap T-5 retro kits right now.

http://www.commodityaxis.com/ProductData.aspx?id=68

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wooohooo! Sweetness. The MH isn't quite here yet, and these will help immensely until then! :D

MUAH! The tank TYVM for it!!!

Laurie

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 26 25.2%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 21 20.4%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 12 11.7%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 37 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back