Best place to buy new fish?

I take back my endorsement of any on line vendors except Eric Cohen at Tankstop.com and Fish guy Rodney at Exotic Fish-N- tanks who have proven to be pretty consistent, reliable with good quality stock. I also endorse the captive breeders in Florida (Poma Labs and Biota) although expensive of course.
I’m down to just recommending Eric at TAnk stop and Biota and Poma LAbs for captive. That’s it. Rodney at Exotic Fish and tanks has ghosted me after sending out sick fish and destroying QT tank with other fish. NEVER AGAIN. Stay away! Eric is the best for wild caught fish.
 
I’m down to just recommending Eric at TAnk stop and Biota and Poma LAbs for captive. That’s it. Rodney at Exotic Fish and tanks has ghosted me after sending out sick fish and destroying QT tank with other fish. NEVER AGAIN. Stay away! Eric is the best for wild caught fish.
Such a bummer to hear you had some bad experiences. It’s a small hobby and we all need to remember why we’re doing this. I appreciate your support 100%! Have a great day!
 
Just received my new order from Eric Cohen at TankStop. All 5 fish are very healthy and eating within hours of releasing into QT. Now thats the way it should go. I’m sure they’ll get thru 30 day QT in flying colors. Eric, you deserve the accolades and yes it is indeed unfortunate that others in the hobby give a black eye to the hobby….

I again reiterate…..I’ve been in this hobby decades and the only ones I would recommend are Eric Cohen at Tank stop for wild caught and Biota as well as Poma for captive. Consistently quality stock and great customer service! (BTW I’m not getting paid by any of these organizations- just care about the hobby and wanted to share my views after decades of going through all of the vendors out there). BTW my choices for dry goods is either saltwateraquarium.com or BRS….I’ve tried them all……
 
Just received my new order from Eric Cohen at TankStop. All 5 fish are very healthy and eating within hours of releasing into QT. Now thats the way it should go. I’m sure they’ll get thru 30 day QT in flying colors. Eric, you deserve the accolades and yes it is indeed unfortunate that others in the hobby give a black eye to the hobby….

I again reiterate…..I’ve been in this hobby decades and the only ones I would recommend are Eric Cohen at Tank stop for wild caught and Biota as well as Poma for captive. Consistently quality stock and great customer service! (BTW I’m not getting paid by any of these organizations- just care about the hobby and wanted to share my views after decades of going through all of the vendors out there). BTW my choices for dry goods is either saltwateraquarium.com or BRS….I’ve tried them all……
I really appreciate this! I even more appreciate your commitment to quarantine and making sure you give the fish their best chance to thrive! We’ve done a few orders together now I believe so I appreciate the ongoing support.

I hope the flame angel’s from Xmas pair up for you or at least become friends.

Keep me posted and thanks again!

Eric
 
@Eric Cohen stopped by your website prices and fish look pretty good. where you the guy who started liveaquria back in the day when it was a great place to get fish from?
any future plans to offer QTed fish?
keep up the good work my friend!
Ram Ram brother. You are probably thinking of my friend Kevin Kohen. He hooked up with Foster’s and Smith years ago and built up the brand of Live Aquaria. Can’t take credit for that one although I have been a part of the live coral movement over the past 30 plus years…..behind the scenes and helped pioneer the coral trade in Fiji.

I’m actually looking for warehouses right now and thinking of setting up again for qt. Just today looked at my first warehouse.

We will see.
 
Ram Ram brother. You are probably thinking of my friend Kevin Kohen. He hooked up with Foster’s and Smith years ago and built up the brand of Live Aquaria. Can’t take credit for that one although I have been a part of the live coral movement over the past 30 plus years…..behind the scenes and helped pioneer the coral trade in Fiji.

I’m actually looking for warehouses right now and thinking of setting up again for qt. Just today looked at my first warehouse.

We will see.
Hey, hope you don't mind me asking but do you have any idea when emperor shrimp and coco worms will be back in stock?
 
Ram Ram brother. You are probably thinking of my friend Kevin Kohen. He hooked up with Foster’s and Smith years ago and built up the brand of Live Aquaria. Can’t take credit for that one although I have been a part of the live coral movement over the past 30 plus years…..behind the scenes and helped pioneer the coral trade in Fiji.

I’m actually looking for warehouses right now and thinking of setting up again for qt. Just today looked at my first warehouse.

We will see.
Ram Ram, ah yes kevin Kohen that's right.
oh exciting good luck with warehouse shopping!
i'll keep an eye out. looking to build a large 500-1000 plywood tank in the next year or two so I'll keep an eye out.
 
I am fairly adverse now to buying from my LFS, or certainly one of them. But I say that in the same breath as I also have a preference for raised fish, not caught.

I purchased a 6line and a goby from one store, they never acted right, and haven't seen them for over a month now.

Replaced with two more, online, raised, and they are doing fantastic.
 
Hey, hope you don't mind me asking but do you have any idea when emperor shrimp and coco worms will be back in stock?
I don’t know when but you can use my website function to be notified when they pop up! Pretty slick notification tool.
 
I really appreciate this! I even more appreciate your commitment to quarantine and making sure you give the fish their best chance to thrive! We’ve done a few orders together now I believe so I appreciate the ongoing support.

I hope the flame angel’s from Xmas pair up for you or at least become friends.

Keep me posted and thanks again!

Eric
In addition to the 5 fish in this order (scribble & 2 flame angels, paddlefin wrasse and flame hawk) , I also have purchased MAjestic angel and Black tang on 2 additonal seperate orders over 1 year ago. All fish doing great. Wouldn’t dream of putting new fish in my large tanks (770 and 730g’s) w/o QT.
 
In addition to the 5 fish in this order (scribble & 2 flame angels, paddlefin wrasse and flame hawk) , I also have purchased MAjestic angel and Black tang on 2 additonal seperate orders over 1 year ago. All fish doing great. Wouldn’t dream of putting new fish in my large tanks (770 and 730g’s) w/o QT.
I’m glad you mentioned the fish you have purchased from me. I didn’t want to disclose that part but yes, you have some good taste and I’m glad you’re getting the fish through your qt well. Let’s not jinx it!!!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new