Best place to get healthy fish

  • Thread starter Thread starter jmccown
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jmccown

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
55
Reaction score
18
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my new 300g tank up for about 8 months now. Been in the hobby for a long time and took a few years break. Where is best place these days to get good healthy fish. I see divers den is still around but is there any other places to shop around?
 
Divers Den is still nice. I did get a case of ich from them, so they are not free of pests.
 
I've had good luck with both live aquaria and divers den. There are other places too, but I prefer to stick with what I have had success with.
 
Will do, thanks
 
If you can get fish from @Humblefish then that will be your best bet for pre-quarantined fish. To my knowledge no other place will QT to this level. He is an expert on this forum for fish disease. Besides that I recommend LiveAquaria, they have a 14 day guarantee but assume their fish have something on them. Would definitely QT any fish from LA.
 
I have a local aquarium manufacturing/maintenance company that quarantines and stocks my tank for me. my tank is smaller its a 90g with a 30g sump so they pretty much give me smaller juvenile fish to raise and when they're larger and worth more they take them out and rehome them in a much larger system. if something like that is an option I would look into it. other than that liveaquaria has treated me well.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new