Best place to get healthy fish

jmccown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my new 300g tank up for about 8 months now. Been in the hobby for a long time and took a few years break. Where is best place these days to get good healthy fish. I see divers den is still around but is there any other places to shop around?

declanisadog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had good luck with both live aquaria and divers den. There are other places too, but I prefer to stick with what I have had success with.

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can get fish from @Humblefish then that will be your best bet for pre-quarantined fish. To my knowledge no other place will QT to this level. He is an expert on this forum for fish disease. Besides that I recommend LiveAquaria, they have a 14 day guarantee but assume their fish have something on them. Would definitely QT any fish from LA.

colin obrien

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a local aquarium manufacturing/maintenance company that quarantines and stocks my tank for me. my tank is smaller its a 90g with a 30g sump so they pretty much give me smaller juvenile fish to raise and when they're larger and worth more they take them out and rehome them in a much larger system. if something like that is an option I would look into it. other than that liveaquaria has treated me well.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back