Best place to get Nori?

Ramon reef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 10, 2025
Messages
48
Reaction score
12
Location
canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

So i got my first tang, and would like to feed Nori. I am in Toronto.

Does anyone have suggestions of where the best deals are for raw Nori?
 
I buy dried Nori on Ebay, 100 sheets -no salt or oils or flavors added. Tangs love it. I don't know if raw is readily available in the market? It is dried to preserve it, to my knowledge.
 
You can get it pretty cheap at most grocery stores. If you have any east asian grocery near you, it will also have lots and pretty cheap.
 
I buy dried Nori on Ebay, 100 sheets -no salt or oils or flavors added. Tangs love it. I don't know if raw is readily available in the market? It is dried to preserve it, to
I buy dried Nori on Ebay, 100 sheets -no salt or oils or flavors added. Tangs love it. I don't know if raw is readily available in the market? It is dried to preserve it, to my knowledge.
What brand do you order?
 
At the supermarket. Just buy the Nori sheets people use to make sushi. Cheaper and better.
Is there a certain brand that you buy, or do you just go for whatever is on sale at the time?
 
Many of these things are written in crazy symbols that are not familiar to me, and they don’t always have the same sellers or brands available. My post I indicated that I get dried laver ( not roasted!) and no added flavoring or oils. I just read the description and am careful to be sure that I am getting Sushi Nori.😇
 
Is there a certain brand that you buy, or do you just go for whatever is on sale at the time?
There are two brands at the store and I buy the cheapest one but it’s also made for sushi. No brand needed as long as it’s 100% dry algae. I buy 3 packs at at time for around 15$ and give 1/4 sheet per day. It lasts at least 2 months, maybe 3.
 
LFS around me sells nori!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 9.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new