Best Place to Purchase Clownfish

JakeLikesReefs

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 17, 2016
Messages
315
Reaction score
182
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the best place to Purchase Clownfish? I really enjoy ORA specimens.

Thanks,
Jake
 
What is the best place to Purchase Clownfish? I really enjoy ORA specimens.

Thanks,
Jake
Live Aquaria usually has a good selection of ORA clowns available at most times. You can also message ORA on Facebook and see which fish stores near you they ship to or can ship to.
 
Live Aquaria usually has a good selection of ORA clowns available at most times. You can also message ORA on Facebook and see which fish stores near you they ship to or can ship to.
Thanks for the information. Any idea on buying 2 non paired fish and placing them together? Or is it better to buy paired?

Thanks,
J
 
Thanks for the information. Any idea on buying 2 non paired fish and placing them together? Or is it better to buy paired?

Thanks,
J
I successfully paired mine by buying my ORA Black and White Ocellaris Clownfish first and letting her grow up some and establish herself in the aquarium for 6 months. After that, I went and got one of the smallest normal Orange Ocellaris Clownfish I could find at my LFS. After introducing him to the tank, it was a matter of minutes before he was being submissive towards her and doing the "clownfish jitters" indicating he was trying to pair with her. After a couple of days they were inseparable and swam together everywhere in the tank. You probably don't have to wait that long if there is a substantial size different but this process worked very well for me :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new