"BEST POWER HEAD” 2021? WHAT YOUR OPTION?

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A LFS here has a really fantastic RS650 mixed reef display with torches on the end of the display and acropora starting in the middle of the display.

They are only using two MP pumps, about mid-height and on either side of the overflow. I cannot recall if they are using MP40 or MP60. With MP pumps the aquascape and use of programming is part of success.

yeah that is what I have a tourch garnen on the end away from the overflow. wellso on the bottom and soon to be a few SPS mid tank up high.

2x mp40s would be nice for sure.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO you can’t go wrong with the Tunze or Vortech pumps. I used 4 Tunze 6095s for about 15 years and they were very solid. Only had one pump with an issue over that time, caused by poor maintenance habits by me, and Tunze was able to replace what I needed right quick, as well as remind me of the proper cleaning/maintenance cycle. Switched to Vortech MP40s about 2-3 years ago when I did a tank reboot, picked them for the pre-programmed flow control patterns (Tunze I did myself with my Apex) and so far they too seem very solid. Just stick to proper maintenance cycles to avoid any build up in the pumps, regardless of what you choose.

I did not know Tunze pumps where apex programmable?
can you tell us more please.
what modules do you need?
is it basic on/off or ramp up/down too?
hard on the pumps?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 41.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back