OP
OP
citymouse

citymouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over 200 reviews on Amazon and 4/5 stars. I'm not exactly sure how that equals "horrendous."
17% 1 star-the majority of them all say the same thing, pump stopped working, broke etc before a years time. 5% 2 stars saying the same.
60% 5 star.
Sorry, I was just reading the 1 star reviews to see consistent complaints. :D
BUT just now I looked at the pump I'm using and it's at 66% 5 stars...some similar complaints in the 15% 1star.... I guess no pump is ever perfect!

OP
OP
citymouse

citymouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very similar pump made the same
Yes, I'm starting to think they all have similar complaints, which sucks because that might mean the quality isn't very consistent, not sure how much could be user error.
Since I'm looking for a back up and not a permanent solution, the Jebao price is def a better option than what I already use, seeing that the reviews are similar.
I assume it's compatible with the fusion...not really sure how it all works (my husband got the Apex fusion for me, he has the classic, he knows better how this works, not me):). I have to check dimensions too, I forgot to look at that.

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I'm starting to think they all have similar complaints, which sucks because that might mean the quality isn't very consistent, not sure how much could be user error.
Since I'm looking for a back up and not a permanent solution, the Jebao price is def a better option than what I already use, seeing that the reviews are similar.
I assume it's compatible with the fusion...not really sure how it all works (my husband got the Apex fusion for me, he has the classic, he knows better how this works, not me):). I have to check dimensions too, I forgot to look at that.

When you say compatible with Apex, do you just mean the on/off of an Apex outlet? Darn near any piece of equipment will work if that's what you're looking to do.

If you want to actually have the Apex change the flow rate (beyond on/off) I wouldn't trust it. The Apex is too unrealizable for that kind of control. Besides, once you get the flow rate where you want it, you shouldn't need to change anything outside off on/off, when you do tank maintenance and water changes ect

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This el-cheapo D/C pump has been a tank for me:

63A1DB08-9DD6-4416-B8B2-72C272E4D0C0.jpeg

OP
OP
citymouse

citymouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say compatible with Apex, do you just mean the on/off of an Apex outlet? Darn near any piece of equipment will work if that's what you're looking to do.

If you want to actually have the Apex change the flow rate (beyond on/off) I wouldn't trust it. The Apex is too unrealizable for that kind of control. Besides, once you get the flow rate where you want it, you shouldn't need to change anything outside off on/off, when you do tank maintenance and water changes ect
Yep...I do know this :D. I had my Wav's on my mind! I need sleep. lol

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the Octopus DC return pump they are pricey over other DC pumps, but the only thing people hear is how much they love them, near silent if that is possible.

OP
OP
citymouse

citymouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the Octopus DC return pump they are pricey over other DC pumps, but the only thing people hear is how much they love them, near silent if that is possible.

Not sure why I didn't look into these actually, It never crossed my mind! BUT I have a Reef Octopus skimmer with a Vario S DC pump inside, that thing is completely silent!

The pump I have now if pretty silent too.
Although, the Wav's make so much noise, they might drown out any other sounds. lol

Hilltopreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Current Eflux flow pump and must say it is plenty powerful for my 180 gallon reef (only can run it at about 2/3 before it starts overloading my twin overflows) its the 3170 gph model. Very quiet! Can’t hear it run at all except when it’s ramping up at start up. After about a year and a half had the ac/dc power supply fail and they sent me a brand new power supply for no charge including shipping. The warranty is only one year but they stand behind their equipment.

Hilltopreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Current Eflux flow pump and must say it is plenty powerful for my 180 gallon reef (only can run it at about 2/3 before it starts overloading my twin overflows) its the 3170 gph model. Very quiet! Can’t hear it run at all except when it’s ramping up at start up. After about a year and a half had the ac/dc power supply fail and they sent me a brand new power supply for no charge including shipping. The warranty is only one year but they stand behind their equipment.
New development. My eflux impeller was damaged by the shaft freezing up due to calcium deposits ( my fault for not cleaning properly ) and it damaged the paddle part of the impeller. Once again I contacted Current and asked to buy a replacement. Once again Current stepped up and sent me a whole new impeller for no charge including shipping! That’s customer service!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 36 30.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back